Chocolate Macadamia Lace Cookies
½ cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 ounces semisweet chocolate, Ghirardelli or other fine quality chocolate, cut into pieces
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
½ teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with Silpat (minimum of 2)
2. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter and chocolate, cook stirring with rubber spatula frequently for about 5 minutes.
3. Pour butter mixture into small bowl and let cool slightly.
4. In a large bowl, combine chopped nuts, sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt until blended. Fold in butter and combine until blended.
5. Drop the batter by tablespoons about 3" apart.
6. Bake 6 -8 minutes. You know they're done when the cookies are bubbling and completely flat.
7. Let cool on the Silpat. If you need the cookie sheet to complete the cookies, let cool on Silpat for about 5-10 minutes, then VERY CAREFULLY transfer them to a wire rack, preferably with a hard flat spatula or large scraper. Store at room temperature or freeze in an airtight container, separating the cookie layers with waxed paper.
Note, these are very delicate, I wouldn't suggest making these as gifts to package up as they easily break . - Betty